Faced with the far-reaching changes to people’s ways of living and working and the urgent need to reduce its environmental impacts, the real estate sector is in the midst of a transformation. Icade is mobilising on all fronts to meet social, societal and environmental expectations. To offer relevant and creative solutions, we have chosen to work with our stakeholders to co-construct our property products and services. Together, we create value at every level and by doing so, we help to build cities that are more sustainable, more inclusive and more resilient and that bring real comfort and well-being to their users.
Icade’s CSR policy is built around three areas:
- low-carbon transition and preservation of resources;
- new habits and lifestyles and partnerships with local authorities and communities;
- employee skills development, workplace well-being and diversity.
Five priority issues have been identified by our internal and external stakeholders. Particular attention is paid to these issues in the CSR commitments set out in the 2019–2022 Plan:
One of the ways the CSR issues were prioritised was by analysing the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Icade has determined eight priority goals and five significant goals, which it is working hard to achieve. These relate to operational efficiency, developing new products and services, and engaging with society.
To ensure the success of its CSR policy, Icade relies on three governing bodies responsible for devising and managing its CSR strategy:
- the Innovation and CSR Committee, comprised of three directors, two of whom are independent, is responsible for prioritising the areas for action in innovation and CSR;
- the Executive Committee, comprised of 11 members including the Head of CSR and Innovation, is responsible for defining Icade’s CSR strategy;
- the CSR Advisory Committee, comprised of 13 external players chosen for their expertise and commitment. This Committee is tasked with steering Icade’s CSR policy and ensuring its implementation in collaboration with Icade’s governance bodies. This Committee includes:
Icade’s CSR approach is based on identifying its stakeholders and developing in-depth knowledge of them in order to better meet their needs.
To achieve this, Icade holds regular and constructive dialogue with its key stakeholders.