Faced with the far-reaching changes to people’s ways of living and working and the urgent need to reduce its environmental impacts, the real estate sector is in the midst of a transformation. Icade is mobilising on all fronts to meet social, societal and environmental expectations. To offer relevant and creative solutions, we have chosen to work with our stakeholders to co-construct our property products and services. Together, we create value at every level and by doing so, we help to build cities that are more sustainable, more inclusive and more resilient and that bring real comfort and well-being to their users.
Icade’s CSR policy is built around three areas:
- energy transition and resource preservation;
- territorial cohesion and new practices;
- developing employees’ skills, improving well-being at work and increasing diversity.
Five priority challenges have been identified by our internal and external stakeholders. These are given special attention in the form of the CSR commitments included in the 2019-2022 plan:
To identify its priority CSR challenges, Icade based its focus on an analysis of the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Icade has determined eight priority goals and five significant goals, which it is working hard to achieve. These relate to operational efficiency, developing new products and services, and engaging with society.
To ensure the success of its CSR policy, Icade relies on three governing bodies responsible for devising and managing its CSR strategy:
- the Innovation and CSR Committee, made up of three directors, two of whom are independent;
- the Executive Committee, consisting of nine members, including three specifically dedicated to each of the CSR components;
- the CSR Advisory Committee, comprised of external players chosen for their expertise and commitment. This committee is tasked with steering Icade’s CSR policy and ensuring its implementation in collaboration with Icade’s governance bodies. This committee includes:
Icade’s CSR approach is based on identifying its stakeholders and developing in-depth knowledge of them in order to better meet their needs.
To achieve this, Icade holds regular and constructive dialogue with its key stakeholders.